DITA for Practitioners Volume 1: Architecture and Technology
Eliot Kimber has just published DITA for Practitioners Volume 1: Architecture and Technology, which is the first of two books he is publishing about the DITA standard. Volume 1 begins with a hand-on explanation of end-to-end DITA processing that will get you up and running fast, followed by an overview of the DITA architecture.
Inside the Book:
- Where Do I Start?
- Background and history of the DITA standard
- Essential background for practitioners
- End to End DITA Processing:
- Setting up your development environment
- Authoring, managing, and producing a DITA-based publication
- Running, configuring and customizing the Open Toolkit.
- An Overview of the DITA Architecture:
- Vocabulary composition and specialization
- Maps and topics
- Structural patterns in DITA
- Linking and addressing
- The content reference facility
- Filtering and Flagging
- SubjectScheme maps