|24 Mar 2014 - 18:25 by Troy Coker|
Title: Editor II (FL) (12038)
Duration: 3 months
Job Description Would you like to join a dynamic team that is moving Amazon toward new technologies for content authoring, management, publishing, and localization? Amazon Seller Support seeks a bright, XML-savvy technical writer with Chinese, Japanese, or French language skills and experience with content management systems (CMS) to join our technical publications team in Seattle.
The role requires professional and efficient handling of large volumes of technical documentation in cooperation with local/global writers/editors. You will be a major player in the migration of content from current Amazon systems to XML objects in our newly adopted CMS.
The successful candidate will be self-directed, yet equally comfortable contributing within a global team environment. Strong interpersonal skills, time management, and accuracy are required. You must be proficient in applying DITA structure to documentation and have a background in technical writing, editing, and information design. Communication and logic skills are also essential, for working with complex content sets involving conditions and multiple output destinations, reviewing/editing content produced by others, and providing education and mentoring on our new XML/CMS authoring environment.
• 2-3+ years in technical writing/editing or information architecture
• Leadership/project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional discussions and to effectively scope and deliver projects under tight deadlines
• Experience with DITA, XML authoring tools, HTML, XHTML, CSS, help systems, information architecture, metadata and taxonomies, and content management systems (CMS)
• Proficiency reading and writing Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, or French
• Experience working with complex applications and system concepts
• Strong reviewing/editing skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Certificate or bachelor’s degree in English, technical writing, communications or related field
• Creative and conceptual thinker
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
• Personal initiative, flexibility, intellectual curiosity
• Knowledge of e-commerce, especially experience with the seller, retail, or vendor spaces at Amazon would be a plus
• Experience applying information architecture concepts
• Experience with metadata and taxonomies
• Strong communication skills (to educate others on the use of our new tools and systems)
• Knowledge of a European language, such as Spanish, Italian, French, or German would be a plus