OASIS DITA Adoption Subcommittee members will collaborate to provide expertise and resources to educate the marketplace on the value of the DITA OASIS Standard. By raising awareness of the benefits offered by DITA, the Subcommittee increases the demand for and availability of DITA conforming products and services, resulting in a greater choice of tools and platforms and expanding the DITA community of users, suppliers, and consultants.
By advancing the adoption of DITA through OASIS, the Subcommittee members will
1. Collaborate within the security of the OASIS open process
2. Maximize message credibility by working on behalf of a vendor-neutral standards consortium
3. Build on existing market awareness of OASIS as the source of DITA
4. Leverage the combined resources of all participants
5. Reinforce DITA as the result of an open, transparent process guided by multiple vendors, communities, and individuals
6. Openly share content and coordinate program execution with other entities that share a common or similar statement of purpose on a worldwide scope.
Scope of work
OASIS DITA Adoption Subcommittee activities may extend to any of the following activities:
1. Oversee the DITA XML.org Focus Area
2. Review and ensure accuracy of DITA references in commonly used resources such as Wikipedia
3. Host educational, vendor-neutral webinars
4. Organize vendor-neutral workshops and tracks at OASIS events and other conferences
5. Produce OASIS-branded primers, white papers, position papers, slide presentations, datasheets, and other collateral
6. Develop best practice guidelines
7. Establish liaisons with other organizations who may assist in building awareness or and promoting DITA in a variety of user communities
8. Assist in coordinating promotional efforts of members, leveraging activities wherever beneficial
9. Assist in coordinating press and analyst relations such as briefings, releases, and announcements
10. Encourage and coordinate volunteer efforts to translate the DITA specification and other committee documents into other languages
11. Interface with other TCs to define how DITA can be best integrated with other standards to address specific scenarios
12. Stage interoperability and/or proof-of-concept demonstrations at industry conferences
13. Other projects aimed at increasing adoption as identified by Committee members
The purpose of the Subcommitee is to promote DITA to all types of organizations. The Subcommittee will develop best practices document, promote workshops and webinars, manage the OASIS dita.xml.org wiki, and more. We're looking for people who can give a little time to the support of the DITA standard in the user community.
If you are interested in participating, please respond to me directly at my email address below.
You must be a member of OASIS or your company must be a member for you to join a Subcommittee. You can check the OASIS website or send an email to OASIS to find out if your company is a member. Or, you can join as an individua.
JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215